Many Americans eat unhealthy foods. I admit to being one of these people on occasion. We have really cut back on our take-out food which according to this infographic on average Americans spend 10% of their earnings on fast-food each year. In addition they say that Americans dieting habits also account for 47% of Americans having a higher risk for cancer.
The part that really shocks me is that 85.5 pounds of fats and oils on average are consumed by Americans yearly. To me that sounds like a lot of fats and oils, but then again I do not know how much you should be consuming yearly. Overall, Americans need to watch their weight a lot.
There are ways to easily start eating healthier and I will highlight a few of those options here. The first thing you need to consider is to NOT go and buy fast-food. It is not healthy for you and the reality of it is you can come up with food that tastes twice as good with higher quality products that won’t take much effort to make.
Tips For Eating Healthier
- Eat in. Cook your own meals. They are going to be healthier for you and more than likely will have less preservatives and added fats and sugars in them.
- Eat balanced meals that include a starch, a protein, and complex carbohydrates.
- When snacking choose healthier options like fruits, vegetables, and proteins like beans and nuts.
Tips For Better Eating Habits
- Eat slowly, chew every bite of food.
- Plan your meals in advance.
- Don’t eat after dinner.
I hope that you found these little healthy eating tips helpful. I try to apply all of these to my life, but I admit I am not perfect and I do not always adhere to these healthy tips. If you have any other tips please leave a comment. I am always looking for a way to change things up and find an easier way to eat healthier.