This is a sponsored post for Lion King. I was provided with a copy of the movie for my honest opinion.
I remember growing up as a young child watching the Lion King with my family. Back then the movie was on VHS and didn’t quite look as amazing as it looks on modern TV’s. This movie to me is more than just a story; it is memories. Those memories come from watching the movie more times than I can count to playing for hours with my Nala and Simba plushies that kissed when you brought their noses close together. I cherish those memories and now that this iconic film is on Blu-ray and DVD I can share those memories and create new ones with my son. He can grow up to form a bond with this movie just like I did.
This movie is not only the classic tale of a young lion finding his way before he becomes king of his people, but it is also so much more. Both the Blu-ray and DVD movies come with Bonus Content that any die hard Lion King fan won’t want to miss. I can tell you that in the short time that I have had my copy on hand I have watched the movie half a dozen times with my son and we are still breaking into all of the amazing bonus features.
Lion King Bonus Features (may vary by retailer):
- Brand New Sing-Along Version
- Audio Commentary – View the film with commentary by producer Don Hahn and co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Visualizing a Villain – Against a backdrop of live dancers and the animated “Be Prepared” sequence, artist David Garibaldi paints a masterpiece of evil.
- The Recording Sessions – Watch rare footage of the actors recording their roles, matched with the final animation. Intro by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff.
- Nathan and Matthew: The Extended Lion King Conversation – Nathan Lane (Timon) and Matthew Broderick (Adult Simba) offer candid and hilarious insights into their Lion King experiences.
- Inside the Story Room – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff present archival footage of five original story pitches.
- Circle of Life – See how color creates emotion and meaning in the film’s iconic opening.
- Simba & Nala – See how elements proposed in story meetings evolve into what appears onscreen.
- Simba Takes Nala Out to Play – …And, sometimes what seems funny in story meetings never makes it into the film!
- Hakuna Matata – Co-directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff sing, act and dance their hearts out as they pitch the “Hakuna Matata” sequence.
- Rafiki and Reflecting Pool – Co-directors Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff pitch a sequence that became the emotional heart of The Lion King to Producer Don Hahn.
- Music & More – Sing along to your favorite songs from the movie!
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
- Visual Development – Explore a gallery of striking artwork that inspired the movie’s look and feel.
- Character Design – Trace the development of the film’s unforgettable characters through early concept art drawings.
- Storyboards – Examine storyboards created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Layouts – Feast your eyes on layouts created in the development of “The Lion King.”
- Backgrounds & Layouts – Journey through a gallery of landscape paintings that shaped the world of “The Lion King.”
9. Classic Bonus Features (Digital Only) – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include hours of bonus material, such as bloopers, audio commentary, deleted and alternate scenes, and in-depth journeys into the music, film, story, animals and stage show.
Lion King Activities For The Kids
Disney has some pretty awesome Lion King activities for the kids. Click on the image below that catches your eye (or click on them all) and get your fun little Lion King activity to do with your kids. It’s always fun to turn a movie into a learning experience.
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- Yumi Baby Food Review – Is It Worth It For Your Family? - September 5, 2020
- #CampWarnerBros – Week 6 – Alex & Me Family Workout - July 29, 2020
- DIY Glowing Latern - July 27, 2020