This is a sponsored post for Cars.com.
Car shopping is never easy and it doesn’t get easier when you add children into the mix. The struggle is real. I know that having multiple children really makes the car buying process that much more difficult because children are expected to be in some sort of a car seat or booster until they are a around 12 years old or reach 49″ tall. This means that even if your children are spaced out you will more than likely have multiple children in car seats or boosters. This means compact cars are out the window! Let’s talk about shopping for a car with multiple car seats in the picture.
Sorry, bye, compact car with the great gas mileage. We just can’t really get away with you if there are three or more kids in the home that need car seats or boosters. There are a few car seat configurations that will get three seats across in some compact cars, but it can be difficult if you didn’t prepare ahead for it and don’t want to buy new car seats.
Multiple Car Seats in SUVs
SUV’s are wonderful vehicles and if you do your research you will be able to find one that works for you. When you start looking for an SUV you will want to look at a few features with every car that you look at. Let me show you an example of what someone would need to consider if they have 3 children that are 3 and under (and are thinking about baby #4).
- Consider your car seat layout. How many car seats will be rear facing and how many will be forward facing? In this example there is 1 forward facing child and two rear facing children with a third on the way.
- Do you want all of the car seats to use the LATCH system for installing the car seats? If you do want this then in this instance you would want to make sure that there are four LATCH systems in the car.
- Where do you want the children seated in the car? This is important if you are wanting to fit three children in the back or if you want to do two and two in the car.
- Test the car with your existing car seats before buying. This is a very important step. Each car is different as is each different car seat. You will want to make sure that your car seats fit in the car the way you want them to be set up. You might think there is enough room in the back for two car seats and a person to sit, but when you actually install the car seats you may come to realize that just isn’t the case.
- Check out Cars.com. Cars.com is a great place to start your search and get some research done. You can find all of the necessary information about the cars amenities without having to leave the home. It will make it possible for you to be an informed shopper without having to speak with a sales person who may not actually know how many LATCH systems are in each of the vehicles.
Did you consider all of these options before buying your last car?
Latest posts by Ashley (see all)
- Sometimes I Wish I Was a Normal Mom - April 3, 2019
- My Son Has What? Sensory Processing Disorder Exposed - March 27, 2019
- Disabled Mom Turns Special Needs Mom - March 6, 2019