Yes, I am already starting this conversation even though my little man is still in the womb. The number of home schooled children is rising on a regular basis and more families are opting to home school their children. Deciding which option is best for my child is not an easy decision nor is it one that I will take lightly. I want to list out some pro’s to both public school and homeschooling your children. My boyfriend and I already know that we will home school. He loved being home schooled and it works really well with me being a stay at home mom.
- Both parent’s can have full time jobs.
- Government regulated classwork.
- Educated teachers with specialties
- Electives in the middle school and above
- Unlimited resources
- Socializing on a daily basis.
- After school activities
- One on one time with your child.
- You set the pace for your child.
- Find your child’s best learning technique.
- Creative learning and teaching.
- Experiment with fun field trips.
- Schooling is generally cheaper.
- No Busy work or need to repeat school work as much.
- No homework to complete.
These are just a few reasons as to why both public schooling and home schooling are good for children. Each family will see different reasons that one fits them better than the other, but neither is right or wrong. You get to choose and I honestly believe that you should also let your child voice their option once they are old enough to understand what their options are. If my child asks for public school while I am home schooling him I will consider all options and we will discuss the options as a family.